Eddie and Ranjana Appoo created this page in response to a common question that shows up, “What can I do for…?”
The plan is to build a resource of empowered suggestions and possibilities that:
- Provide you with practical solutions
- Signpost you to useful information
- Focus on Sustainability
- Support Humanity
- Align with goodness
- Share a bit of news about what we are up to, what our friends are up to and how together we are bringing about positive change
Please email us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to answer them here. A friendly caution, we are quite comfortable being open and honest about saying, “We don’t know”.
6 contemplative audios
Audio 1: A Guided Visualization for Relaxation
This audio is to help you relax and rest.
Audio 2: A Contemplative LiberatingTouch Protocol for Harmonious Relationships
Week 2’s Audio is for bringing harmony into our relationship with the world within and the world around us. The words come from Mahatma Gandhi’s prayer for peace. You can use this after the relaxation audio or simply as a standalone, it is under four and a half minutes.
Audio 3: A Jin Shin Jyutsu Self-Help Meditation
This audio invites you to become aware of the rhythm of life in your body
Audio 4: Contemplating The Hug
Giving yourself a hug. This Swara [Breath] Yoga Mudra can help dramatically enhance breathing and take one to a place of transcendental universal consciousness (ONENESS). In Jin Shin Jyutsu it is a self-help that can bring about the experience of total harmony. It is incredibly powerful. Many many reasons to start hugging yourself!
Audio 5: Supporting you Heart
This audio is to support your heart and give you an opportunity to accept, let go, forgive and be free to experience gratitude.
Audio 6: The Tree Integration Meditation
This audio is to help you feel centred and connected to Nature
Something to make you smile
Launching The Hug Club – 18.03.2020
The Hug Club has been founded by LiberatingTouch Co-Creator Ranjana Appoo in response to the global pandemic, with its many necessary restrictions, voluntary isolation, and social abstinence/distancing. Perhaps, it is time to embrace the uncertainty, the unknown and witness the unfolding. Time to embrace ourselves and the infinite healing possibilities of Love and Truth
The Hug Club Rules of Engagement
- The first rule of Hug Club, tell everyone about the Hug Club
- Self-hugging a minimum of seven times a day is recommended
- As you embrace yourself, remind yourself that you are held in LOVE, you are loving, loveable and loved, every part of you, including any unwanted aspects is healed in this Love
- Smile with your whole being as you hug yourself
- When you hug yourself remember that you are the hugging the entire universe
- Don’t forget how it feels to hug someone, practice with pillows, preferably a Tree
- Never hug another person, unless they give you permission and want to hug you
- When the time comes to hug another human being, remember to wash your face and hands before and after each hug
- No kissing of any kind
- The embrace needs to be gentle and firm all at once
- No squeezing, gyrating, stroking or undue rubbing
- Do not touch the face
- Remember that we are all connected, as ONE being, when one suffers, we all suffer, when the ONE is held in Joy and Peace, we are all held in JOY and Peace
- Ask yourself with each self-hug, “What if I could open to embracing uncertainty now?”
- Ask yourself with each self-hug, “What if I could open to embracing myself and this moment now, and all the changes that are coming into my life now?”
Q. I am going in for surgery soon, and am feeling quite stressed, can you help me?
If you have some time before surgery, i.e. a week or more, i recommend getting in touch with an EFT International Practitioner in your area, check out https://eftinternational.org to find an accredited practitioner. If you feel comfortable with the practitioner, ask them to help you manage the stress and prepare for surgery.
Personally, I like to do some EFT self-help and have Jin Shin Jyutsu sessions before any medical intervention, it prepares my body, mind and spirit for the changes. If you have less than 48 hours to prepare then, i recommend holding your fingers, one after the other, for 5 to 20 minutes, whenever you can. This is a Jin Shin Jyutsu self-help practice that will calm and soothe. It may be be an idea to checkout Astrid’s flows for life youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/flowsforlife/videos . She reveals the value of holding the fingers beautifully.
Q: Where can i find good information about essential oils? Where do i begin my study about essential oils? Where is the best place for me to buy them?
There are so many great websites and books on the benefits of essential oils. We are going to signpost you to the ones that we rely on. A good place to begin is to download a free copy of Marisha’s Nourish by Scent at https://www.marishahorsman.com/fragrant-health this is a great intro guide to the uses of essential oils
We recommend DoTerra Essential oils as a way of creating and maintaining good health. We get the products at wholesale prices. If you want to do the same, click on this link. To get the discounted price you have to click on “Join & Save” which is at the top of the website page. Then choose wholesale customer (there will be a worthwhile £25 join-up fee) . Fill in your details and you are in and ready to shop. Or you can just click on the shop link and get the products at the retail price. These products are incredibly pure and potent and some of them can be ingested. DoTerra means gift of earth and these essential oils truly are a gift of astonishing power.
Q: What can I do for staying calm under pressure?
A: Exhale and then inhale gently. Your breath is the most calming accessible power you have. The more conscious you are of it, the more space you will create in your life. Another favourite practical exercise to detach from stress and stay clear, focused and calm under pressure is what we like to call infinitising also known as the “infinity exercise”.
Infinitising is a visualisation exercise that you can do anywhere at any time, to find out more about this exercise go to https://liberatingtouch.com/detachment/.
Q: It all feels so hopeless, climate change, war, disease, famine, what is the point of doing anything?
As long as you let your fear shadow your thoughts, then it will feel hopeless. As soon as you focus on love, possibilities open up and anything is possible.
Here are a couple of links to Thich Nhat Hanh’s thoughts on how important it is for us to focus on love. These are enlightening.
Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh: only love can save us from climate change
Thich Nhat Hanh’s statement on Climate Change for the United Nation
Here are 8 steps you can take to make an impact NOW
- Practice Detachment
- Be Patient
- Opt for plastic free options
- Choose Love
- Become a Vegetarian
- Let go of resentment and regret
- Plant trees