Power and Purpose
An integral aspect of cultivating spiritual intelligence is being able to recognise the habits and conditioned behaviour that rob you of your power. When you become aware of the ways in which you experience powerlessness you can take inspired conscientious action and reclaim your power and confidence. With the return of your power you discover your purpose.
The First Stage in Reclaiming Personal Power is Awareness (the following is an excerpt from the book, “Detachment: The Secret to Infinite Peace”)
We can begin by asking ourselves where we have given away our power. We can start by making a list of all the issues (challenges) we have. This will help us pinpoint the areas where we have given away our power. This can be difficult for some, as they are not used to being aware. So many are in denial about how they consistently sabotage healing, relationships, success, and opportunities for growth, and peace.
Here are some common examples of how we lose power:
- Attachments (to family/friends/comfort/objects/ familiarity/opinions/judgement)
- Accumulation and clutter
- Giving too much personal information to others when you don’t have to
- Being excessively apologetic
- Having excessive desires
- Malice or hatred
- Vows/decisions made to avoid suffering
- Either reliving or blanking out memories
- Shame and guilt
And and and…
Reclaiming power and recognising our purpose is what Eddie and I focus on during Regenerative LiberatingTouch® intensives and during the first four days of the Heart of Understanding Class. It is always a source of amazement for our clients and students when and how they experience subtle but empowering changes that come with awareness.
Without reclaiming your power it is hard to live life with or on purpose.
As your power returns your purpose steadily clarifies. The fact is you do not have one purpose; you have four purposes. Some are aware of one, perhaps two but there are actually 4 main purposes that drive you, that inspire you, which give you reason to live, grow, work, play and explore your potential.
I’ll give you a basic outline of these four purposes which we discuss during our LiberatingTouch 8 day Heart of Understanding Class or during Regenerative Intensives.
1. The Ultimate Purpose – Moksha (Liberation) – This is the same for everyone, it is the heart’s desire to be free, to know (realise) oneSELF (Truth) beyond all limitation.
2. The Spiritual Purpose – Artha (Meaning) – This is what gives each individual meaning in life; it inspires you and fills you with Love.
3. The Mental-Emotional Purpose – Kama (Desire) – This is your challenge it is related to your desires, to your passion and to your expression. When you are in harmony with this you find peace.
4. The Material Purpose – Dharma (Duty) – This is what you have come to manifest, create, and action. When you are in alignment with this you experience a deep satisfaction that comes with Self-Responsibility.
And here is the twist, you need to reclaim your power to realise your purpose and once you realise your purpose your life is filled with power.